Cape Town as a destination has many wonderful attractions, for instance Table Mountain, Cape Point, Robben Island, and the Winelands. Many visitors to our shores do not realize that there is another side to Cape Town, and it is also an attraction that should be up there with the best of them and that is the Townships! Seascape Tours work exclusively with MC Mgobozi who has an association with our company for many years. MC Mgobozi was born and raised in Langa Township, which is the first and therefore oldest so called “black township” in South Africa. Known and respected in the community, MC Mgobozi is able to conduct a walking tour experience through the Langa Township which is the real deal! During the tour you will learn the stark reality about apartheid South Africa while seeing and feeling first-hand the effects that it has had over time. It will also give you a broader appreciation for the South African way of life and its multi culture. As you will see it is not all doom and gloom, you will experience the unique and vibrant community that Langa has created through interacting with the people that call Langa home. Each day the Tour offers a different experience. Visit on a Sunday, and you may attend a church service. Come on a Friday, and you might end up dancing with locals at a bar! Whatever happens, it will be something that you will remember and talk about for many years to come. At all times you will be in the care of MC Mgobozi and your tour guide.
- A traditional healer – learn how different herbs and sometimes animal parts can be used as treatments for different ailments
- Smiley Station (a local delicacy) – see and taste the popular dish of boiled sheep heads
- An arts and crafts centre (Guga S’Thebe) – visit the arts and cultural centre of Langa which helps to empower the locals and improve their socio-economic status
- An African Beer House – taste the homemade beer made from maize and sorghum malts that is important to the local culture
- The famous Langa Hostels – witness the old apartheid era housing built for migrant workers.