Join us for a close encounter with one of the world’s great predators in their natural habitat, the South Atlantic Ocean. This Full Day Tour takes you to the heart of WHITE SHARK territory. We depart early morning from Cape Town or surrounds and head for the coastal town of Gansbaai which is approximately a 2 hour drive from the City centre. On arrival we enjoy coffee and a continental breakfast which is combined with a short and informative introduction to Shark Cage Diving with shark legend Brian McFarlane. We then board “APEX PREDATOR”, the custom built catamaran that takes us out to meet the Great White Sharks (up very close and personal).
A favourite spot for viewing Great White Sharks is the aptly named Shark Ally and this is one of Brian’s favourite spots. There is also a possibility of seeing Cape Fur Seals, staple diet of the Great White, as well as a variety of coastal birds.
After this once in a lifetime and adrenaline pumping experience we return to Cape Town following a spectacular coastal route that may surprise us with a Southern Right Whale sighting or two – of course this would only be possibility during the whale season, which is from mid-August to mid-November. All in all this is super day tour that comes highly recommended.
- Scenic mountain pass
- Buffet breakfast and Introduction to Shark Cage viewing. (Included)
- A day at or near Shark Alley on board “Apex Predator” custom built catamaran.
- Great White Shark diving and viewing (all equipment supplied) (Included)
- Snacks, refreshments and light lunch enjoyed on board “Apex Predator” (Included)
- Professional Video of your Great White Shark experience (Optional)
- Visit the town of Hermanus (Included)
- Coastal route back to Cape Town